Mark your calendar for the Cattaraugus County Fair, returning to the Fairgrounds in Little Valley this summer, from July 29 – Aug. 4. The fair has been an area tradition for 171 years.
Whether you go to feel like a kid on the 21 amusement rides, play the games, see the animals, sample the food, or enjoy the entertainment, you’re sure to have a great time.
For starters, there are plenty of agricultural events to check out, including 4-H horse shows, goat shows, donkey and mule shows, rabbit shows, sheep shows and Barnyard Olympics.
New entertainment this year includes Chainsaw Carving, “Nuts for Mutts” — a family friendly show featuring mischievous pound puppies, and “Horses, Horses, Horses” — showcasing crowd-pleasing, world-traveling horses who’ve entertained as part of various circuses.
Returning entertainment includes Commerford’s Petting Zoo, Swifty Swine Racing Pigs, Olde Indian River Lumberjack Show, and the Lee Germain and Judi Comedy Magic
In addition, free evening entertainment will be held in the grandstand July 27 – July 31.
• Opening night, July 27, kicks off with the Open Horse Show.
• On July 28, visitors can enjoy horse shows and an antique tractor pull.
• On July 29, the Demolition Derby will “wow” the crowd.
• July 30 features the always-exciting School Bus Demo and Figure 8 Races.
• July 31 marks the free concert starring The Fox Brothers and other local bands.
Evening grandstand entertainment for the remainder of the fair will require an additional fee.
• August 1 features Justin Moore in concert. Ticket prices start at $28 and can be purchased at the Cattaraugus County Fairgrounds Corporate Building or by phone at (716) 938-9146.
• August 2 brings the Monster Truck Rally, featuring Big Foot, Aftershock, Krazy Train, Hurricane Force, Overboard, Towasauraus, for a $5 admission fee, as well as a Pit Party with grandstand admission.
• On August 3, visitors can enjoy the USA East Sanctioned Big Rig Pull Series and WNY Pro Stock Tractor Pull (with 20,000 lb. semis, local semis and 4×4 pickups) for $5 admission.
• On the last night, August 4, the Championship Demolition Derby will be held at two times, also for a $5 admission charge.
General admission to the fair includes rides and entertainment (except for certain grandstand entertainment).
Pre-sale general admission is $7 through July 28 and includes one-day gate admission, unlimited rides by Bates Brothers Amusements, all free grounds entertainment and grandstand events Monday and Tuesday.
Pre-sale tickets can be purchased at the Fairgrounds, at Route 353 and N. Ninth St. in Little Valley, and at Cattaraugus County Banks in Little Valley, Salamanca, Jamestown, Randolph, Springville, Cherry Creek, South Dayton, Franklinville and Dunkirk, as well as Olean Area Community Banks.
General admission at the gate is $9. Senior Citizen Day (Thursday, Aug. 1 from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.) is $6, and 15 and Under Youth Day (Wednesday, July 31 from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.) is $6.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to enjoy some good, old-fashioned fun at the fair. Pack up the kids and head over to Little Valley for the Cattaraugus County Fair, sure to be one of the highlights of your summer!
For more information, including a complete schedule of events throughout the fair, visit www.cattarauguscofair.com or call (716) 938-9146.