Is quitting smoking a priority for you? Have you tried to quit before? Do you think smoking is bad for your health? Do you have other personal reasons for wanting to quit? Are you ready to quit even though it may be tough?
If you said “yes” to one or more of these questions, you could benefit from the Freedom From Smoking® program from the American Lung Association.
Freedom From Smoking really works:
• Helps smokers address the physical, mental and social aspects of their addiction.
• Ranked the most effective smoking cessation program in a study conducted by Fordham University Gradate School of Business.
• People who use the program are six times more likely to be smoke-free one year later than those who quit on their own.
• Up to 60 percent of participants report having quit by the end of the program when used in combination with smoking cessation medications.
Sign up for the program and learn how to overcome your tobacco addition so you can enjoy the benefits of better health, extra money in your pocket and healthier relationships.
You’ll learn about:
• Medicines that can help you stop smoking.
• Lifestyle changes that make quitting easier.
• Preparing for Quit Day.
• Managing stress.
• Avoiding weight gain.
• Developing a new self image.
• How to stay smoke-free for good.
Freedom From Smoking is now available at Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, located at 224 East Main Street in Springville. For more information, call (716) 592-9643.