By Dash Hegeman
As you’re aware by now, the autumn season is here in all of its vibrant zest. That can only mean one thing — Ellicottville’s Fall Festival is almost here.
Fall Festival is usually the point in the year where many people’s thoughts start to drift toward the upcoming ski season. Perhaps you are one of those people, in which case Fall Fest is also a great opportunity for you to pick up some new gear and find some great deals on the local ski shops’ left over inventory from last season.
Have you been able to “Experience HoliMont”? It’s more than a marketing tagline. It’s more like a lifestyle suggestion that will change the way you and your family look at winter from here on out! Make sure to visit www.holimont.com and follow the club on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, where you will find a very nice stream of content and storytelling photos.
Whether you are interested in becoming a member at HoliMont or you want to visit the club midweek (Monday through Friday, except for the week between Christmas and New Year’s) when HoliMont is open to the public, you will always find a ski area that was founded on family values and great times on the slopes!
After a very busy, and seemingly short-lived, summer that has seen the staff at HoliMont complete a number of projects and overall area improvements, HoliMont is now primed and ready for the 2014-15 ski season.
The following is a list of just some of the improvements that have been made at the club over the course of the summer.
• WestMont Ridge – If you’ve been following the HoliMont social media channels you probably know that the roadways for WestMont are now complete. Despite an array of flash floods over the summer, the roads were installed and now give people a fantastic take on the layout of the project. Additionally, the slope that will eventually be HoliMont’s new terrain park was cut over the summer so that natural gas lines could be installed.
• Cascade Lift Upkeep – During the off-season, one lift at HoliMont is selected to get a “facelift” so that eventually all the lifts will have one common look. This started after the installation of Exhibition Express and over the course of the summer, Cascade was remodeled so that it has a similar look. Now when you visit HoliMont you will notice the similarities between Exhibition Express, Cascade and Meadow.
• Foxwood Warming Hut – The warming hut at the top of Cascade/Greer was a huge hit last winter. Over the summer, the Buildings and Grounds crew added a deck to the warming hut, which will be a great place to take a break in between runs and take in a little vitamin D on those gorgeous bluebird days.
• Chalet Bathroom Upgrades – During the summer of 2013, the HoliMont Buildings and Grounds crew did a complete remodel of the main men’s and women’s bathrooms in the chalet. This past summer, they continued on that path and remodeled the four remaining bathrooms in the chalet.
• Snowmaking – The Mountain Crew spent part of the summer digging up and replacing various air and water lines throughout the area, which will make for even better snowmaking this coming season. And let’s face it … better snow is always a good thing!
If you’ve been to HoliMont, then you probably have an idea of what the HoliMont experience is all about because it really is something that you have to take in firsthand. If that’s the case, then HoliMont looks forward to seeing you back this season. But if you have yet to give this quaint ski area a try, put it on your “to do” list. More likely than not, you’ll be glad you did.