New, Responsive Website Now Live
By Alicia Dziak
HoliMont members and their guests can have an even hollier, jollier Christmas this year because the resort will open for the season on Christmas Day. On Thursday, Dec. 25, HoliMont will once again welcome skiers and snowboarders of all ages, ready for the action-packed, fun-filled season ahead.
Why check out HoliMont?
“People should experience HoliMont because it has such a family-friendly atmosphere,” said Dash Hegeman, HoliMont’s marketing director. “Our Snowsports School is very focused on helping children and adults, as well as harnessing a love for skiing/snowboarding.”
Hegeman said that HoliMont’s chalet is steeped in Ellicottville skiing history and tradition.
“The HoliMont Mountain Crew does an excellent job of making snow and grooming that snow into some very fun corduroy. Our terrain parks are fun for people of all ages — just make sure you wear a helmet … they are required for the parks.”
Aside from everything members and guests have come to love about HoliMont over the years, the off-season has brought many exciting changes.
• The roadways for HoliMont’s new condominium complex, WestMont Ridge, are now complete. Additionally, the slope that will eventually be HoliMont’s new terrain park was cut over the summer so that natural gas lines could be installed.
• The Cascade lift got a facelift and now has a look similar to the Exhibition Express. By updating one lift per year in the off-season, the goal is that eventually, all lifts will have this same look.
• The Foxwood warming hut at the top of Cascade/Greer was a huge hit last winter. Over the summer, the Buildings and Grounds Crew added a deck to the warming hut, which will be a great place to take a break between runs.
• During the summer of 2013, the HoliMont Buildings and Grounds Crew did a complete remodel of the main men’s and women’s bathrooms in the chalet. This past summer, the four remaining bathrooms in the chalet were remodeled as well.
• The Mountain Crew spent part of the summer digging up and replacing various air and water lines throughout the area, which will make for even better snowmaking this coming season.
These improvements give you even more reasons to visit in the upcoming season.
HoliMont is open to members only on weekends. If you’re not ready to commit to a membership, visit during the week instead. HoliMont is open Monday through Friday to non-members, with the exception of Dec. 25-31.
Looking for a great deal on weekday skiing this season? Purchase the Weekday Experience Pass for only $222 before Jan. 1 ($235 Jan. 1 and after) and get 10 weekday passes, plus five group clinics. Take advantage of short lift lines and lots of elbowroom on amazing terrain at a huge savings. To purchase, visit www.holimont.com/store/weekday-experience-pass.
Finally, if you’re a regular visitor to HoliMont’s website, you’ll notice its all-new look this season.
“The major need for the upgrade was because our old site was not designed in a responsive design format. This one is, which makes it much more efficient for all users (desktop to tablet to mobile),” Hegeman explained. “We wanted a site that was dynamic and captivating while also being as user friendly as possible and we think this one does a solid job of that.”
Whether you frequent HoliMont as a member, a guest or a weekday patron, or you are planning to visit for the first time this season, you’re sure to have a memorable skiing or snowboarding experience each time you visit.
“All in all, HoliMont is a blast for our members and their guests as well as for the general public and groups who come and visit us on weekdays. If you love to ski or ride, HoliMont is well worth your time,” Hegeman said.
For more information, visit www.holimont.com.