Entries are still being accepted for the Olean Gus Macker Basketball Tournament. The Olean High School Sports Boosters and the Olean City School District Foundation are calling for visitors, students and community members to sign up for the August 15-16 Gus Macker three-on-three basketball tournament.
Entry deadline for teams interested in this year’s tournament are Sunday, Aug. 2 at midnight for applications that are submitted by mail AND for internet entries. To register online, go to www.macker.com or mail an application to Gus Macker Application, P.O. Box 70, Greenville, MI 48838. No faxed application forms will be accepted. The entry fee must accompany the team application, and can be paid by check or credit card. The entry fee for four player teams is $132.
In addition, the OHS Sports Boosters and the Olean City School District Foundation are looking for volunteers to help out in all facets of the tournament.
• Set-up: Aug. 13-14 (Thurs/Fri) General set up of tents, tables, chairs, courts etc.
• Drink Concession: Aug. 14-16 (Fri evening/Sat/Sun) Sell water and sports drinks to attendees.
• Registration: Aug. 14-15 (Fri evening/Sat) Register participants; assist with trophy distribution (adults only)
• Scorekeepers: Aug. 15-16 (Sat/Sun) Work in pairs courtside keeping time and score of games/assisting refs as needed. General knowledge of basketball required. (ages 18+…limited # of 15+ accepted divisions under age 10)
• Tear-Down: Aug. 16 (Sun) Assist in breaking down Macker site at the close of play Sunday
For more finformation, contact John Irving firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie Aloi at email@example.com.