Plans are underway for the Tenth Annual Art in the Wilds scheduled for June 25 and 26 in scenic Evergreen Park in Kane.
The outdoor juried fine arts show is one of the only juried art shows in McKean County. To be accepted into the show, artists must submit works for scoring to a jury of art experts. Juried art shows offer a very high quality of original art, among a diverse variety of media. Art in the Wilds offers art for sale ranging from acrylics and oils, to watercolors, drawing/pastels, metal, glass, clay/porcelain, photography, fabric/fiber, wood, leather, jewelry and others.
The Art in the Wilds committee is pleased to welcome the following artists to the 2016 Fine Arts Show:
• Anthony Arkus- hand-forged iron
• Lisa Arkus- 2D mixed media paper and painting
• Pamela Bartl- handwoven cotton clothing
• Chandler Beatty- wildlife artwork
• Linda Berryman-fiber, leather
• Becky Blair- jewelry
• Roland and Geno Boni- stoneware and porcelain clay
• Chris DeStefano- wood
• Al Dornisch- acrylic painting
• Richelle Dourte- jewelry
• Larry Downey- photography
• Denise Drummond- drawings and paintings
• Mark English- metal sculpture
• Karen Fitzpatrick- stained glass
• Dewey Fladd- photography
• Leslie Hallaby-Moore- chain-maille jewelry
• Dan Hayward- functional fused glass and stained glass
• Lana Heckendorn- porcelain ceramics
• Art Heim- landscape, wildlife and still life photography
• Rocky Holland- nature photography
• Peggy Houser- bead weaving and bead embroidery jewelry
• Charles Hughes- ceramics
• Dawn Johnson- forged and sculpted metal jewelry
• Stacie Johnson-Leske- lightweight wheel-thrown white stoneware ceramics
• John Kamerer- flower photography
• Gregg Kristophel- wooden utensils
• Donna Little- original jewelry designs in pewter, copper and brass
• LeAnne Marquis- jewelry
• Deborah Moyer- hand formed metal and gemstone jewelry
• Jack Northrop- wood turned vessels
• Jack Paluh- oil paintings and limited edition canvas prints
• Kathleen Schnell- fused glass
• Kevin Schoonover- photography
• Dan Sullivan- glass jewelry
• Curt Weinhold- photography
• Dave Zaborowski- wood:
Artist Awards will be given again this year for the Best of Show in 2D and 3D. Two Awards of Excellence will be awarded as well. Jurors will visit all artists’ booths and review their bodies of work and booth presentations.
The Art in the Wilds’ mission is to expand the role of the arts in our rural communities, to promote economic development and to provide a platform for artists to display their works.
The all-volunteer committee works in collaboration with the PA Wilds Artisan Trail, PA Route 6 Artisan Trail, the Allegheny National Forest Vacation Bureau (ANFVB), and the Kane Chamber of Commerce.
Art in the Wilds is funded by grants from the Kane Community Development Foundation and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency and by vital local donations and sponsors. We are proud to offer free admission and parking so that all people can attend the show.
Major sponsorship contributions come from the Kane Community Hospital, an Affiliate of UPMC, Collins Pine Division of Kane Hardwood, Kane Rotary Club, Friends of Westline, Northwest Savings Bank and Zook Motors, Inc.