JCC’s Center for Continuing Education is holding the DMV 5-hour Pre-licensing Course on Tuesday, July 19. To register, please contact Jane Northrup at (716) 376-7506 or via email at email@example.com
This 5 hour NYS Department of Motor Vehicles Pre-Licensing course is for students in the process of applying for their NYS Driver’s license. Participants in this pre-licensing program must hold a New York State Motor Vehicle Department’s Learner permit. Completion of the NYS mandated 5-Hour classroom program meets the requirements for earning the MV-278 certificate, which is required before a student can register to take their road test. The certificate is valid for one year.
The classroom-based course teaches:
· The DMV point system
· The effects of driver attitude, emotions and skills
· Defensive driving techniques
· The laws of physics, as they relate to driving
· The effects of restraining devices
· How Alcohol and drugs effect driving ability
· What to do in case of a collision
The Course will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 4:30-9:30 p.m. Fee is $30.