Hello Friends! With Christmas now behind us and New Year’s quickly approaching, I would like to encourage many of you to take charge of your health and your life. Many of us want to make changes in our habits. Sometimes it’s a New Year’s resolution; sometimes it is advice from the doctor. Sometimes it is just the desire to be stronger or have more energy. We want to be more active, but we do not always know how to make the necessary changes. Taking some time to consider the seven Cs of change may help you to understand how to get from where you are now to where you want to be.
1. CARING enough to treat your body really well. Self-care is not selfish and taking good care of yourself also helps you be in better shape to take care of those around you.
2. CHOICE to take small steps in the right direction. Small changes, big results!
3. CREATIVITY to find a variety of food and fitness options. Too often I hear the same excuses: I do not have time/ I do not like vegetables. STOP MAKING EXCUSES-Find time and a vegetable or two to eat!
4. COURAGE for new adventures and everyday challenges.
5. COMFORT through tough times with relaxation. Change is hard work and can feel stressful. Remember, to get the proper amount of rest and recharge those internal batteries. Reward yourself with pampering instead of comfort food.
6.CONFIDENCE. Optimistic people are generally healthier than pessimistic people. Stand tall and be ready to accept that compliment when it comes your way.
7. CELEBRATION of the process and progress toward a stronger and healthier you!
Eat smart, move more and get healthy!! For advice or assistance do not hesitate to contact me:
firstname.lastname@example.org text or call 716-698- 1198