Raise A Piglet!
Have you ever wanted to raise a pig, but never had the opportunity to do so? Now is your chance! Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cattaraugus County is excited to announce that Larry Tabak of Great Valley will be donating a market hog for a 4-Her to raise and sell at the 2017 Cattaraugus County Fair. Tabak hopes that his donation will allow someone the chance to participate in our SWINE Program for the first time. It is not too late to late to join 4-H and this is a perfect reason to join now. The piglet is ready to be adopted. Interested individuals must complete the following to be eligible for consideration:
• Must be enrolled with the Cattaraugus County 4-H Program.
• Must write a letter to Mr. Tabak and submit it to the Ellicottville 4-H Office explaining why you believe you should be chosen. Letters are due April 17, 2017 and must include an email or phone number.
• Must state whether or not you have shown a market hog before.
• Must have a proper facility to house and take care of your pig.
• If chosen, you must display your letter at the fair with your pig.
Letters should be addressed to CCE of Cattaraugus County 4-H Program, 28 Parkside Dr. Ellicottville, NY 14731. Cornell Cooperative Extension of Cattaraugus County is always accepting enrollments for new 4-H members. We are also happy to provide information to any adult interested in volunteering with our program.
If you have any questions, contact our 4-H Educator Abby Luzier at 716-699-2377 ext. 130 or by email email@example.com.