The Ellicottville Chamber of Commerce, with the help of many of the musical venues in the village, presents a lineup of great music from July 28 to July 30 during the annual Jazz and Blues Weekend. The best part? It’s FREE!
This year’s lineup consists of no less than 15 acts spread throughout seven venues, including The Winery of Ellicottville Mainstage on Monroe Street. On Saturday at 1 p.m., The Mick Hayes Band will take the stage. Mick Hayes’ Blues guitar work has been described as being “soulful, so melodic, so downright dirty,” with his vocals having the same caliber of acclaim. Hayes has performed on the same stage as legends like Stevie Wonder, Deep Purple, Peter Frampton, Cheap Trick, and Steve Vai. If you have a hankering for some bluesy guitar and extraordinary vocals, join us on Saturday for The Mick Hayes Band.
Sunday brings another treat to The Winery of Ellicottville Mainstage on Monroe Street. Mark Mazur and the Little Big Band will perform at 1 p.m. If you’re looking for that great jazz sound, this group will bring it for you. Fronted by former Mrs. America, Lisa Christie, the band is known around the region as one of the preeminent jazz ensembles, having performed with the philharmonic, many jazz festivals and a special performance for the Mayor of Buffalo. The ensemble touts a style from jazz/standards to pop, funk, Motown, blues, R&B, to pop, this seven-piece band is the perfect thing to come out and relax to on Monroe Street.
The weekend features many more artists in some great places. Here’s the full rundown.
Friday, July 28:
• Maria Aurigema – Balloons Mainstage 7 p.m.
• The Untouchables – Ellicottville Brewing Company 8 p.m.
• Patti Parks and the Sizzlin’ Heat – Villaggio 9 p.m.
• John Frinzi & John Patti – Gin Mill 9 p.m.
• Wilky – Finnerty’s Tap Room 9 p.m.
• Keith Shuskie (The Voice) – Balloons Patio 10 p.m.
Saturday, July 29:
• The Mick Hayes Band – The Winery of Ellicottville Mainstage on Monroe Street 1 p.m.
• Michael DiSanto – Madigan’s 2 p.m.
• Dozo My Lady Acoustic Trio – Ellicottville Brewing Company 4 p.m.
• BD Lenz – Balloons Mainstage 6 p.m.
• QPhunk – Madigan’s 6 p.m.
• LTM Trio – Silver Fox Steakhouse 7 p.m.
• Growlers Blues Band – Villaggio 9 p.m.
• Blue Light Blues Band – Gin Mill 9 p.m.
• Ade Adu – Balloons Patio 10 p.m.
Sunday, July 30:
• The Mark Mazur Little Band – The Winery of Ellicottville Mainstage on Monroe Street 1 p.m.