Cathy Mackay, director of the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging/NY Connects, has announced that Cattaraugus County has been awarded 840 Senior Farmers Market coupon booklets valued at $16,800.
Each booklet contains five $4 coupons and can be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at participating farmers markets in the county.
To be eligible to receive a booklet of the Senior Farmers Market coupons, residents must be over 60 years of age and have a single-person income of not more than $1,872 per month, or a two-person income of not more than $2,538 per month.
Each older adult in a household is eligible to receive a booklet if they meet the age and income requirements. Proxies may not pick up or sign for coupon booklets unless they have a power of attorney. For older adults unable to come to the distribution site due to physical limitations, please call the Department of the Aging/NY Connects at 373-8032 or (800) 462- 2901.
The coupon distribution dates, times, and locations are as follows:
• June 15, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Hillview Manor, 28 Chestnut Street, Salamanca; 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Salamanca Senior Citizens Club, 20 Main Street, Salamanca.
• June 19, 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Allegany Nutrition Site/Linwood Center, 3799 S. Nine Mile Road, Allegany; 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The Pines of Machias, 9822 Route 16, Machias.
• June 20, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Ellicottville Town Center, 28 Parkside Drive, Ellicottville; June 20, 11 a.m. to noon St. Paul’s Methodist Church, 9370 Route 240, West Valley.
• June 21, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Spring Court, 102 West Spring Street, Olean; 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Aspen Tower, 350 Front Street, Olean; 11:30 a.m. to noon Aspen Manor, 500 East Spring Street, Olean.
• June 26, 11 a.m. to noon Total Senior Care, 519 North Union Street, Olean; 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. John Ash Community Center, 112 North Barry Street, Olean
• June 27, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Little Valley Nutrition Site, 103 Rock City Street, Little Valley; noon to 1 p.m. Academy Place, 1 School Street, Gowanda.
• July 10, 11 a.m. to noon Portville Nutrition Site, 14 Temple Street, Portville; 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Brookside Apartments, 301 West Henley Street, Olean
• July 12, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Yorkshire Apartments, 12089 County Line Road, Delevan; 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Delevan Nutrition Site, 78 South Main Street, Delevan; 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. First Baptist Church of Franklinville, 27 South Main Street, Franklinville.
Distribution of coupon booklets at the main Department of the Aging office will be made only after the above schedule has been exhausted and if there are coupon books remaining.
If you have any questions regarding the Senior Farmers Market Coupon Program, or any other services that are available for our county’s older adults, please call the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging/NY Connects at 373-8032 or (800) 462- 2901.