By Alicia Dziak
It’s Ellicottville’s 2018 Jazz and Blues Weekend! Whether you like your music with a southern flavor or Chicago-style, there’s something for everyone as all of EVL’s hot spots offer a full lineup of entertainment Friday through Sunday.
The Gin Mill, at 20 Washington St., will feature the Blue Lite Blues Band on Friday, and Oreo Rodeo’s funk and groove style on Saturday.
Balloons, at 20 Monroe St., will host electric blues guitarist Hayden Fogle Friday evening, followed by funky, jazzy, rockin’ guitarist extraordinaire BD Lenz on Saturday.
At Finnerty’s Tap Room, at 5 E. Washington St., you can catch Aron Cole on Friday at 7 p.m., Rockabilly Steve and BR3 on Saturday at 4 p.m. and The Rig at 9 p.m. Sunday.
Madigan’s, at 44 Washington St., will feature ST3 on Friday, and The Mick Hayes Band on Saturday.
Villaggio, at 7 Monroe St., welcomes Patty Perks & The Sizzlin Heat on Friday, and Buffalo Blues Benefit Band on Saturday.
EBC, at 28 Monroe St., will host the Untouchables on Saturday.
The Silver Fox Steakhouse, at 23 Hughey Alley, will feature the LTM Trio on Saturday.
Please note that the Ellicottville Chamber of Commerce has arranged for alternate locations in case of inclement weather. On Saturday July 28, at 1 p.m. The Mick Hayes Band will take their soulful sounds into Balloons Nightclub if needed.
On Sunday July 29 at 1 p.m., The George Scott Big Band will be taking their 17-piece big band Jazz sounds over to Finnerty’s Tap Room on Mill Street if needed.
If the events are moved, signs will be posted on the Winery of Ellicottville Main Stage on Monroe Street the morning of each show.
Jazz and Blues Weekend Schedule
Friday, July 27
• Madigans, 6 p.m. – ST3
• Balloons, 7 p.m. – Hayden Fogle
• Finnerty’s, 7 p.m. – Aron Cole
• Villaggio, 8 p.m. – Patty Perks & The Sizzlin Heat
• The Gin Mill, 9 p.m. – Blue Lite Blues Band
Saturday, July 28
• Katy’s Cafe, noon – Mel & Gerry from Paradigm Shift
• Winery of Ellicottville Main Stage On Monroe Street, 1 p.m. The Mick Hayes Band
• Finnerty’s Tap Room, 4 p.m.- Rockabilly Steve And BR3
• Madigans, 6 p.m.- The Mick Hayes Band
• Balloons, 6 p.m.- BD Lenz
• Silver Fox Steakhouse, 6:30 p.m.- LTM Trio
• EBC, 7 p.m.- Untouchables
• Dina’s, 7:30 p.m.- Cousins/Gardner Duo
• Villaggio, 8:30 p.m.- Buffalo Blues Benefit Band
• Gin Mill, 9 p.m.- Oreo Rodeo
Sunday, July 29
• Winery of Ellicottville Main Stage On Monroe Street, 1 p.m. The George Scott Big Band
• Finnerty’s, 9 p.m., The Rig