Saturday , January 19 2019
Breaking News

Category Archives: Community

Feed Subscription

ECS students make their New Year’s resolutions

By Louisa Benatovich, Student Reporter The New Year is always a big time for students. “This year, I’ll do my homework,” they say. “This year, I won’t fail a class.” “This year, I swear, I’ll actually try.” These self-promises come in all forms, some a small whisper in the night and others a consolidated effort, written on paper and push-pinned ... Read More »

Great Valley senior group to meet Jan. 9

The Great Valley Senior Group will gather for its monthly meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 9 at the Great Valley Fire Hall. Bring a dish to pass and your own place setting. Lunch is served at 1 p.m. Come early and visit with your friends or meet new friends. For more information, call Yvonne Darts at 301-0030. A short meeting will ... Read More »

Ellicottville shooting victim in fair condition, status had been critical

By Tom Dinki The man shot following a downtown Ellicottville bar fight nearly a month ago is now in fair condition. Staff at Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo reported Dec. 27 that 41-year-old Brandon Janesz is in fair condition and, while still at the hospital, is no longer in the trauma intensive care unit. Janesz was in critical condition ... Read More »

Wishing all a happy and healthy 2019

By Kellen M. Quigley With the new year now underway, we at the Ellicottville Times offer wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2019. No doubt many of us have made resolutions to improve something in our lives, as the New Year’s tradition goes. Although we have pretty set traditions in the United States on how to ring in ... Read More »

Enjoy winter fun in Ellicottville in 2019

By Deb Everts Chase away the winter blues and share some good times with family and friends at many winter events offered in the village, as well as at Holiday Valley and HoliMont ski resorts. Start the new year out by participating in Holiday Valley’s New Year’s Eve celebration that begins Dec. 31 at 9 p.m. and continues through Jan. ... Read More »

A Look Back on 2018

By Kellen M. Quigley The past 12 months in Ellicottville have been busy, making 2018 one memorable year for local government, organizations, businesses, athletes, schools and public figures alike. Although the many events neighbors and visitors experience every year were still as well attended as ever, the area saw dozens of new, different or noteworthy moments. As Ellicottville continues to ... Read More »

Tapestry tops ECS boys; girls edge Clymer

Dorian Plummer led Tapestry (6-2) with 22 points and Shane Cerone added 15 and Kaleb Thompson scored 11 Friday as the Buffalo-based charter school rolled to a boys basketball victory over Ellicottville. Tapestry, a Section 6 Class C champion last season, won 67-24. Leif Jimerson scored seven points to lead Ellicottville (3-4). The Eagles trailed by six after the first ... Read More »

Reflections on Christmas by an ECS student

By Louisa Benatovich, Student Reporter I know what Christmas is supposed to be like: a real evergreen tree, lots of gifts and loud family camping out in all corners of a suburban two-story house. It’s shouted at us in all the movies: Christmas is supposed to be a joyous distraction from life’s faults and difficulty. And it is…most of time. ... Read More »

Scroll To Top